Bringing a NEW prospective to the OLD sport of Hunting through Understanding Behavior
Our unique and extremely effective choice based system encourages the natural instinct of your dog.
We develop structure and communication without the use of fear or painful devices.
Our all natural approach is fast and effective and focuses on the bond between you and your dog allowing for the development of a true companion both in home and on the field.
What we offer
Steady Wind offers a variety of private classes ranging from basic and advanced field obedience, recreational upland and water fowl to competitive hunting, and Hunting Dog Clinics
Understanding Aggression and How to Control it.
This is where we focus on reactive behaviors in home or on the field in a controlled environment. We use a specially developed choice based method applying true canine communication and structure to help to control impulses, give direction and teach your dog how to derive safety from within the pack. Essentially, creating an incredibly strong bond and a massive drive.
Understanding Fear and How To Overcome It.
This is where we focus on dogs that may have been abused or have developed an unknown caution or fear towards other animals, people, objects and sounds. We explore how to make their lives more enjoyable and how to develop trust in you and within their environment.
Our specially designed Hunting Dog Clinics offer solutions for “Gun Shy” dogs, aggression in the field, resource guarding, proper dog to dog socialization, or dogs that are fearful of the flush.
Please Call or Email us for more information about private or group clinics.
Keep in mind that if you are having troubles with your dog it is most likely due to one or more of several things:
1) The dog's relationship to you and your family. This can be easily corrected with a basic understanding of communication and your dog's individual personality.
2) The environment in which your dog exists. This could be the home or neighborhood situations, as a few examples.
3) The People that influence your dog. This could be your father who over feeds your dog treats or your dog walker allowing your dog to fail by dragging them across the neighborhood, etc.
We acknowledge that the use of "band aid" devices can be great for correcting a dog's issue, but it is a temporary fix! This means that harnesses and other off-set pressure devices don’t solve the behavior in any way shape or form and are no substitute for the proper training we provide.
Don’t be scammed by the high-dollar boarding training offers out there that claim to fix behaviors. We hold a firm belief that sending your dog away will not solve the issues you have or the potential issues you may have in your environment. Personal home visits are the only way to go when it comes to behavior. Steady Wind is the answer.
Your Dog will be only motivated by the Strength and safety of the Pack. We do offer Board & Train Programs that only focus on the training aspects! but we do things a little differently.
1) We only take dogs for the purpose of Upland and Water Fowl Hunting.
2) We focus each and every day to field obedience and building drive. Puppy field basics, advanced field training, pointing, flushing and retrieving in a variety of field environments. Our individually designed methods utilize the dogs natural abilities through the development of communication and structure in a choice based learning environment that will yield superior results for a lifetime of companionship.
3) Our State of the art kennels are being developed but for now we have limited space in our home. Please Call or Email us for availability!
4) NAVHDA testing is offered in the area. We can train and handle for you to receive your titles.
5) Dogs must not have major behavioral issues such as an unhealthy level of aggression or fear. These behaviors can be addressed through in-home private lessons. Please Call or Email us for availability!